Week 3 of the TIF BetMakers Summer Prop Contest relies heavily on the stakes action at both Saratoga and Del Mar. Dallas Baker, head of international operations for contest sponsor The BetMakers, has set the props for this week.
A player’s four best scores over whichever of the eight weeks of the contest they play count towards the overall standings. There is plenty of time to improve on those scores. Players are reminded to keep track of their answers as once they submit their contest entry each week, they will not be able to revisit the answers.
Winners are contacted either late Saturday or early Sunday.
Below are the props for Week 3. Entries close at 1:00 P.M. Eastern.
1. HEAD-TO-HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Vanderbilt (Race 8) at Saratoga?
#2 MISCHEVIOUS ALEX
#3 FIRENZE FIRE
2. HEAD-TO-HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Jim Dandy (Race 9) at Saratoga?
3. According to the final Equibase chart of the race, which horse will be closest to the lead after the first four furlongs of the Jim Dandy?
#1 DR JACK
4. What will be the final margin of victory in the Jim Dandy?
1.75 lengths or shorter
Between 2 lengths and 3.75 lengths
4 lengths or longer
5. What will be the final pari-mutuel win odds of Chad Brown trainee RISK TAKING in the Jim Dandy at Saratoga?
14.00-1 or lower
14.05-1 or higher
6. Which previous winner of the Bowling Green will have the better finishing position in this year’s renewal of the race?
#1 CHANNEL CAT (2019)
#2 CROSS BORDER (2020)
#5 CHANNEL MAKER (2018)
7. Which high-priced 2020 yearling purchase will have the better finishing position in Race 6 at Saratoga?
#1 SWEEPING GIANT ($350,000 – Trainer: Todd Pletcher)
#2 NYQUIST NIX ($325,000 – Trainer: Mark Casse)
#4 ROYAL SPIRIT ($450,000 – Trainer: Todd Pletcher)
8. Which Grade 1 sprint race will have the LARGER margin of victory?
The Vanderbilt at Saratoga
The Bing Crosby at Del Mar
9. HEAD-TO-HEAD: Which horse coming off a long layoff will have the better finishing position in the Bing Crosby at Del Mar?
#2 VERTICAL THREAT (Last race: November 2020)
#6 COLLUSION ILLUSION (Last race: December 2020)
10. Which jockey will score the most points across their rides on Saturday? (Point Scale: 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 1 point)
Tyler Gaffalione at Saratoga (8 scheduled rides)
Manuel Franco at Saratoga (9 scheduled rides) MINUS 1.5 points
Umberto Rispoli at Del Mar (8 scheduled rides)
11. Which track’s late daily double will have the higher return on Saturday?
12 Will any race at Saratoga or Del Mar on Saturday be won by a margin larger than the total number of shots under par accumulated during ONLY the final round by the eventual gold medal winner of the Olympic golf competition on Saturday?
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 return in the LATE pick five at Saratoga on Saturday?