Matt Bernier, horse racing analyst for NBC Sports and In The Money Media, has set the props for the fifth week of the TIF BetMakers Summer Prop Contest. This is the final week for players who have yet to record a score to do so and still be eligible for the overall contest standings and a player’s four best scores count.
Through the first four weeks, three players are tied for the overall contest lead with 29 correct props and four more players just behind with 27. The standings can vary greatly as more players record four total scores which qualify towards the title.
Below are Matt’s props:
1. Who will train the winner of the Saratoga Special (Race 9) on Saturday?
Todd Pletcher or Steve Asmussen
Any other trainer
2. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Fourstardave Handicap (Race 10) at Saratoga?
#3 DADDY IS A LEGEND
#6 GOT STORMY
3. Will SET PIECE, first or second in six of her last seven races, finish in the first two placings in the Fourstardave Handicap?
4. Which maiden race at Saratoga on Saturday will have the highest payout to win?
5. Which pick five at Saratoga on Saturday will pay more?
Early pick five
Late pick five
6. How many wins will Irad Ortiz Jr. (11 scheduled rides) have at Saratoga on Saturday?
Over 2.5 wins
Under 2.5 wins
7. What will be the margin of victory in the Mr. D (Race 9) at Arlington Park on Saturday?
1.25 lengths or shorter
Between 1.5 lengths and 2.75 lengths
3 lengths or longer
8. What will be the final win odds on DOMESTIC SPENDING in the Mr. D?
0.80-1 or lower
0.85-1 or higher
9, Which of the following will occur?
Chad Brown trainees win both the Mr. D at Arlington and the Fourstardave at Saratoga
A Chad Brown trainee wins either the Mr. D or Fourstardave
Chad Brown trainees lose both the Mr. D and Fourstardave
10. Will the winner of the Beverly D. (Race 7) at Arlington lead at every point of call, according to the final published Equibase chart of the race?
11. Which horse will go off at a shorter price in the Beverly D.?
#2 MEAN MARY
#4 SANTA BARBARA
12. How many wins will Flavien Prat have on Saturday at Arlington (5 scheduled rides)?
Over 1.5 wins
Under 1.5 wins
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta payout in the Saratoga Special (Race 9) on Saturday?
At the conclusion of the contest, the top three players will get to direct a total of $9,000 towards the three nominated charities this summer - the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs, New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program and the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund. $2,000 is directed by the top three finishers in each week of the contest.