The eighth and final week of the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation’s Summer Prop Contest features props from Saratoga where four graded stakes headline Saturday’s card. TIF Executive Director Pat Cummings has selected the props which will determine the ultimate winners of the contest
A key note to players in contention for the top spots - the tiebreaker for this week’s contest is also the tiebreaker for all final positions too. Currently both Matt Miller and Doug Slayton are tied with 36 correct props while a phalanx of pursuers aim to pull of a big late move as eight players are tied for third with 33 correct. Overall, 26 players have a chance to at least get to 36 and could win the tiebreaker.
In the event of a tie in the overall standings and a player in the mix did not play this week, the advantage will go to the player that did play in week eight.
Here are the props for the final week of the contest
1. In the Saranac (Race 3), will the winner be making their first start in a graded/group stakes race?
2. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Saranac?
3. Race 6, for maiden juveniles, will be won by a horse…
Sired by a winner of the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (#1 NEWBOMB, #8 JIMMY THE KID, #10 HAPPYMAC)
Sired by a winner of a Triple Crown race (#2 MAJESTIC STREET, #3 STRETCH THE TRUTH, #7 REGULAR GUY)
Sired by another stallion (#4 HIGHLY MOTIVATED, #5 FOUNDER, #6 NERVES OF STEEL, #9 CHARLESTON STRONG)
4. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Amsterdam (Race 7)?
#4 PREMIER STAR
5. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Forego (Race 8)?
#8 FIRENZE FIRE
#10 MIND CONTROL
6. What will be the winning margin of the Forego, according to the final published Equibase chart of the race?
1.5 lengths or shorter
1.75 lengths or longer
7. What will be the final odds for the favorite(s) in the Sword Dancer (Race 9), according to the final published Equibase chart of the race?
2.05 – 1 or lower
2.10 – 1 or higher
8. How many races will Chad Brown win on Saturday at Saratoga?
9. Will any offspring of Runhappy finish first or second on Saturday at Saratoga?
10. Which maiden race at Saratoga will have the higher win return?
11. Using this points scale (5 – 1st, 3 – 2nd, 1 – 3rd), which trainer(s) will have a higher total on Saturday at Saratoga?
Mike Maker MINUS 0.5
Combination of Chris, Jeffrey and Jeremiah Englehart
12. How many horses bred in New York will win on Saturday at Saratoga (a dead-heat counts as one win)?
Three or fewer (there are two races for New York breds)
More than three
TIEBREAKER – used for both any Week 8 ties AND any overall standings ties.
What will be $0.50 payout in the Late Pick Five at Saratoga (Races 7-11)?