Week two of the 2020 TIF Summer Prop Contest features props focused on TVG Haskell Invitational Day at Monmouth Park. Without question, Monmouth is leading the charge as it relates to offering more modern bet types to customers.
Peter Thomas Fornatale, host of the In The Money Players’ Podcast and head of the ITM Podcast Network, has set the props for contestants in this week’s contest.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER week two of the contest.
A player’s top four scores will count towards the overall standings, so it is OK if you miss a week but increases the likelihood of a better score the more you play. The 2019 contest was decided by just one point in the final week.
The top three finishers each week will get to choose amongst three backstretch development charities which will receive donations. The overall top three finishers in the contest will do the same, and enjoy bragging rights. This summer’s beneficiaries include the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs, the Belmont Child Care Association and the Edwin J Gregson Foundation, based in southern California.
Below are the props that contestants will face. Print this page to keep a record of your selections.
1. Which horse will win the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
Any other horse
2. What will be the final starting price for #2 AUTHENTIC according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
0.50 or shorter
0.55 to 0.85
0.90 or longer
3. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
#4 ANCIENT WARRIOR
4. (A market without #2 AUTHENTIC): Which horse will have the better finishing position in the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
#1 DR POST
Any other horse (excluding Authentic)
5. What will be the winning margin of the Haskell, according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
1 ½ lengths or shorter
1 ¾ lengths to 3 lengths
3 ¼ lengths to 4 ½ lengths
4 ¾ lengths or longer
6. What will be the final time of the Haskell according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
1:47.51 or slower
1:47.50 or faster
7. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the United Nations?
#2 STANDARD DEVIATION
8. How many favorites will win across the 14 races on TVG Haskell Day at Monmouth Park?
Over 4 1/2
Under 4 1/2
9. Which number will be smallest?
The trifecta payout in Race 9 – The WinStar Matchmaker Stakes
The trifecta payout in Race 10 – The Monmouth Cup
The trifecta payout in Race 11 – The United Nations Stakes
10. “Jersey” Joe Bravo will win how many races on TVG Haskell Day?
Over 2.5 races
Under 2.5 races
11. Which Matchmaker runner trained by Chad Brown will have the best finishing position?
#5 BEAUTIFUL LOVER
#6 NAY LADY NAY (IRE)
#7 TAPIT TODAY
12. What will be the age of the winner of the Wolf Hill Stakes?
6YO or older
5YO or younger
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta return in the Haskell?