The fourth week of the 2020 TIF Summer Prop Contest features Whitney Day at Saratoga. Jonathon Kinchen, of the In The Money Players’ Podcast, the host of JK+1 and a member of the Fox Sports broadcast crew covering the NYRA races, has set the props for this week’s contest.
A contestant’s four best scores accrue towards the overall standings.
The top three finishers each week will get to choose amongst three backstretch development charities which will receive donations. The overall top three finishers in the contest will do the same, and enjoy bragging rights. This summer’s beneficiaries include the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs, the Belmont Child Care Association and the Edwin J Gregson Foundation, based in southern California.
Below are the props that contestants will face. Print this page to keep a record of your selections.
1. In Race 1 at Saratoga, and according to the most-recent past performances of the race, from where will the winner have originated?
Ocala Breeders’ Sales
Neither, the winner will be a homebred
2. HEAD TO HEAD: In Race 2 at Saratoga, which Chad Brown trainee has the better finishing position?
#1 FOG OF WAR
#2 SPIRIT ANIMAL
3. HEAD TO HEAD: In Race 4 at Saratoga, which 3YO maiden will have the better finishing position?
#3 DREAMS OF TOMORROW
#5 IMA PHAROAH
4. What will be the winning margin of victory in the Personal Ensign?
3 3/4 lengths or longer
3 1/2 lengths or shorter
5. HEAD TO HEAD: In Race 7 at Saratoga, which Coolmore-based stallion’s offspring will have the better finishing position?
#7 KING OF MIAMI (American Pharoah)
#8 MODERN SCIENCE (Galileo)
6. How much money will be bet into the late pick five pool, which includes three graded stakes?
$1.35 million or more
Less than $1.35 million
7. The age of the winner of the Whitney will be…
6 or 7 Years-Old
8. From which group will the winner of the H. Allen Jerkens come?
“The Js” - Horses ridden by jockeys whose first name begins with “J” (Eight Rings, Sonneman, Three Technique, Captain Bombastic, Tap It To Win)
All other horses
9. What will be the winning margin of the H. Allen Jerkens?
3/4-length or shorter
Between 1 lengths and 1 ¾ lengths
Between 2 lengths and 2 ¾ lengths
3 lengths or longer
10. Which trainer will accrue more points on Saturday at Saratoga (point scale: 5 points for a win, 3 for second, 1 for third)
Chad Brown MINUS 0.5 points
11. Which jockey will have more wins on Saturday at Saratoga (tiebreaker is most seconds, then thirds, if needed)?
Irad Ortiz Jr.
12. WEST BEATS EAST? Will a horse trained by Bob Baffert (three runners) or Doug O’Neill (three runners) win on Saturday at Saratoga?
TIEBREAKER: What will be the winning $0.50 trifecta return in the H. Allen Jerkens?