Week 6 of the TIF BetMakers Summer Prop Contest focuses primarily on the action from TVG Pacific Classic Day at Del Mar. Michelle Yu, simulcast host at Santa Anita and a regular player of this very contest, has set the props. As Michelle does not have any oversight into scoring, she remains eligible to play. She is currently in a tie for 17th in the overall contest standings.
Below are the props players will face:
1. Will the winner of the TVG Pacific Classic (Race 10) have come into the race off a win or a loss?
WIN (#2 TIZAMAGICIAN, #3 DR POST, #5 EXPRESS TRAIN)
LOSS (#1 TRIPOLI, #4 ROYAL SHIP, #6 MAGIC ON TAP, #7 INDEPENDENCE HALL, #8 CHARLIE BROWN, #9 CUPID’S CLAWS)
2. Will the winning trainer of the Pacific Classic have won the race previously?
YES (Baffert, Mandella, Sadler)
NO (Dollase, Fincher, McCarthy, Pletcher, Shirreffs)
3. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Pacific Classic?
#8 SHERIFF BROWN
#9 CUPID’S CLAWS
4. Which race will have the higher win payoff?
The Alabama at Saratoga
The Pacific Classic at Del Mar
5. What will be the combined winning margin of both the Pacific Classic and Alabama, according to the final Equibase charts for the races?
2 lengths or shorter
More than 2 lengths up to 4.25 lengths
Longer than 4.25 lengths
6. Will the winning jockey of Race 1 for maiden juveniles at Del Mar be one who has been based at Del Mar this meet or based elsewhere?
Del Mar (Bravo, Smith, Baze, Prat, Cedillo)
Visiting (Rosario, Geroux)
7. Will the winner of the Del Mar Mile (Race 7) have previously won a Grade 1 race at the one mile distance?
YES (#2 HIT THE ROAD, #3 SMOOTH LIKE STRAIT, #4 NEXT SHARES)
NO (#1 NEPTUNE’S STORM, #5 COUNT AGAIN, #6 MO FORZA)
8. Which team of jockeys will accrue the most points in ONLY the graded stakes on Saturday at Del Mar? (Point Scale – 1st = 5, 2nd = 3, 3rd = 1)
Team 1: Florent Geroux and Umberto Rispoli MINUS 0.5 points
Team 2: Flavien Prat and Joel Rosario
Team 3: Joe Bravo, Abel Cedillo, Juan Hernandez, Mike Smith
9. Which filly will have the better finishing position in the Alabama at Saratoga?
#1 CRAZY BEAUTIFUL
#7 ARMY WIFE
10. Will the winner of the Alabama come into the race off a win or a loss?
WIN (#1 CRAZY BEAUTIFUL, #4 MARACUJA, #5 PLAYED HARD, #7 ARMY WIFE)
LOSS (#2 WILL’S SECRET, #3 CLAIRIERE, #6 MALATHAAT)
11. Which race will have the longest winning margin, according to the final Equibase chart of the race?
The Del Mar Mile (Race 7 – Del Mar)
The Del Mar Oaks (Race 9 – Del Mar)
The Lake Placid (Race 9 – Saratoga)
12. Which will have the highest payout on Saturday?
The late pick five at Saratoga
The late pick five at Del Mar
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta payout in the Pacific Classic?