Doug Slayton of Champaign, Illinois was the only contestant with 10 of 12 props correct and won the second week of the 2020 TIF Summer Prop Contest. Slayton directed $1,250 to the Backside Learning Center (BLC) at Churchill Downs.
Donald Wells of Paris, Kentucky, a week one winner in the 2019 Summer Prop Contest, was the only player with nine correct, landing second for the week. He directed $500 to the BLC. Connor LeClair of Cohoes, New York, winner of week three in the 2019 contest, and 10th in the overall 2019 standings, won a 12-way tiebreaker for third with eight correct props. LeClair’s guess of $11.60 for the Haskell trifecta return was the lowest of the 12 submissions. He directed $250 towards the Belmont Child Care Association.
A contestant's best four scores from the contest will count towards the overall standings. The leaderboard update will commence after the fourth week.
Week three of this summer’s contest will feature props set by the legendary Steve Byk, host of SiriusXM’s At the Races with Steve Byk, offering 15 hours of live radio coverage of racing each week. Last week, Byk received the Bill Handleman Memorial Award for outstanding coverage of the Haskell. Props will be focused on the top stakes action next Saturday. Entries will open on Thursday afternoon.
Below, you will find the correct answers bolded and the splits from week two.
1. Which horse will win the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
#2 AUTHENTIC (50%)
Any other horse (50%)
2. What will be the final starting price for #2 AUTHENTIC according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
0.50 or shorter (29%)
0.55 to 0.85 (57%)
0.90 or longer (14%)
3. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
#4 ANCIENT WARRIOR (49%)
#6 LEBDA (51%)
4. (A market without #2 AUTHENTIC): Which horse will have the better finishing position in the TVG.com Haskell Stakes?
#1 DR POST (70%)
Any other horse (excluding Authentic) (30%)
5. What will be the winning margin of the Haskell, according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
1 ½ lengths or shorter (30%)
1 ¾ lengths to 3 lengths (48%)
3 ¼ lengths to 4 ½ lengths (13%)
4 ¾ lengths or longer (9%)
6. What will be the final time of the Haskell according to the final Equibase chart for the race?
1:47.51 or longer (56%)
1:47.50 or shorter (44%)
7. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the United Nations?
#2 STANDARD DEVIATION (65%)
#5 AQUAPHOBIA (35%)
8. How many favorites will win across the 14 races on TVG Haskell Day at Monmouth Park?
Over 4 ½ (68%)
Under 4 ½ (32%)
9. Which number will be smallest?
The trifecta payout in Race 9 – The WinStar Matchmaker Stakes (39%)
The trifecta payout in Race 10 – The Monmouth Cup (28%)
The trifecta payout in Race 11 – The United Nations Stakes (33%)
10. “Jersey” Joe Bravo will win how many races on TVG Haskell Day?
Over 2.5 races (45%)
Under 2.5 races (55%)
11. Which Matchmaker runner trained by Chad Brown will have the best finishing position?
#5 BEAUTIFUL LOVER (39%)
#6 NAY LADY NAY (IRE) (40%)
#7 TAPIT TODAY (21%)
12. What will be the age of the winner of the Wolf Hill Stakes?
6YO or older (21%)
5YO or younger (79%)