The third week of the 2020 TIF Summer Prop Contest is now open for entries. Steve Byk, host of the daily SiriusXM program “At The Races with Steve Byk” has set the props for the third week focused on the big action at Saratoga and Del Mar.
A contestant’s four best scores accrue towards the overall standings.
The top three finishers each week will get to choose amongst three backstretch development charities which will receive donations. The overall top three finishers in the contest will do the same, and enjoy bragging rights. This summer’s beneficiaries include the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs, the Belmont Child Care Association and the Edwin J Gregson Foundation, based in southern California.
Below are the props that contestants will face. Print this page to keep a record of your selections.
1. Which group will combine for more victories at Saratoga on Saturday?
Steve Asmussen, Chad Brown and Todd Pletcher
All other trainers
2. Last year’s Vanderbilt saw a track record setting performance from Imperial Hint. In Saturday’s edition of the Vanderbilt, which features the impressive Volatile, will the final time be…
A new track record (1:07.91 or faster)
Between 1:07.92 and 1:08.79
1:08.80 or slower
3. What will be the margin of victory in the Ballston Spa at Saratoga?
1 length or shorter
Between 1 ¼ lengths and 3 lengths
3 ¼ lengths or longer
4. What horse will have the better finishing position in the Vanderbilt?
#3 FIRENZE FIRE
#5 MIND CONTROL
5. The $0.50 early pick five at Saratoga will return…
$310.10 or higher
$310.05 or lower
6. The final time of the San Diego Handicap at Del Mar will be:
1:39.99 or faster
1:40.00 to 1:41.99
1:42.00 or slower
7. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the San Diego?
#1 HIGHER POWER
8. HEAD TO HEAD: Which Peter Miller entrant will have the better finishing position in the San Clemente?
#1 SHE’S SO SPECIAL
#3 LAURA’S LIGHT
9. HEAD TO HEAD: At Del Mar, which jockey will finish with more top three placings from their respective mounts?
10. What will the winner of the San Clemente return?
$12.00 or less
$12.10 or more
11. Which trio will combine for more top three finishes?
F Prat, M Smith, D Van Dyke at Del Mar
I Ortiz Jr., J Rosario, J Velazquez at Saratoga MINUS 0.5
12. What will be greater?
The winning margin in the Vanderbilt
The total number of runs scored in Saturday’s Yankees v. Nationals game
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta return in the San Clemente?