The fourth week of the TIF BetMakers Summer Prop Contest focuses on Whitney Day at Saratoga. The 12-race card features three Grade 1 races, a Grade 2 and a pair of $100,000 maiden juvenile races.
Horseplayer, tipster, podcaster and track announcer Nick Tammaro has set the props for the fourth week.
The leading players who have recorded four weeks of scores will be reflected in standings published following this week’s contest. Below are the props for Week 4.
1. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Whitney (Race 10)?
#4 KNICKS GO
2. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Whitney?
#1 BY MY STANDARDS
#2 SILVER STATE
#3 SWISS SKYDIVER
3. Which number will be greater?
The total lengths between the first and last finishers in the Whitney
The total number of runs scored in the Minnesota Twins vs. Houston Astros baseball game on Saturday
4. Which filly will have the better finishing position in the Longines Test?
#2 SOUPER SENSATIONAL
#5 ALWAYS CARINA
5. Will the winner of Race 1 for maiden juveniles be a horse with previous race experience?
Yes (#5 – BOSTON FLAGSHIP, #8 SPEAK UNITY, #10 SLIM SLOW SLIDER
6. What will be the $0.50 return for the early pick 5 at Saratoga?
Less than $750
Between $750 and $1,500
More than $1,500
7. Will the winner of Race 5 for maiden juveniles be won by a horse sired by a winner of a Grade 1 race at Saratoga?
Yes (#2 BRIGADIER GENERAL, #5 BIG SKIPPER, #6 VODKA MARDINI, #9 IMMOKALEE)
8. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Fasig-Tipton Lure (Race 6)?
The Chad Brown trainees (#2 DELAWARE, #3 VALUE PROPOSITION, #5 FLAVIUS)
The rest of the field
9. Which mare will have the better finishing position in the Glens Falls (Race 7)?
#1 CALL ME LOVE
10. What will the pick three connecting the three Grade 1 races (Test, Saratoga Derby, Whitney pay to a $1 stake?
Less than $50
$50 or more
11. In which country will the horse with the better finishing position in the Saratoga Derby have been foaled (Race 9)?
United States of America
12. Which jockey will earn the most points amongst these three riders over the course of the Saratoga card on Saturday? (Point Scale – 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 1 point)
Irad Ortiz, Jr.
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta payout in the Saratoga Derby?