The 2020 TIF Summer Prop Contest commences this week with Keeneland’s Toyota Blue Grass Stakes Day taking top billing. Rick Hammerle, winner of the 2019 contest has set the 12 props for this week’s contest.
A player’s top four scores will count towards the overall standings, so it is OK if you miss a week but increases the likelihood of a better score the more you play. The 2019 contest was decided by just one point in the final week.
The top three finishers each week will get to choose amongst three backstretch development charities which will receive donations. The overall top three finishers in the contest will do the same, and enjoy bragging rights. This summer’s beneficiaries include the Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs, the Belmont Child Care Association and the Edwin J Gregson Foundation, based in southern California. Click on each of their names to learn more about them.
Below are the props that contestants will face. Print this keep record of your selections. We will publish the results on Monday and the top three finishers each week will be contacted by email late Saturday or on Sunday.
1. The name of the horse that wins the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes starts with the letter:
A through L
M through Z
2. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes?
#3 ART COLLECTOR
3. What will be the closing odds, according to the final Equibase chart of the race, for Toyota Blue Grass Stakes morning line favorite Swiss Skydiver?
At 3-1 or higher
Lower than her morning line price of 3-1
4. Will a horse that starts from post position #1 (according to the final Equibase chart) win a race on Saturday at Keeneland?
5. Which daily double will pay more on Saturday at Keeneland?
Races 1 & 2
Races 5 & 6
Races 9 & 10
6. Which will pay more on Saturday at Keeneland?
The early pick five (Races 1-5)
The late pick five (Races 5-9)
7. Which of the non-stakes races at Keeneland on Saturday will yield the highest PLACE price?
8. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Central Bank Ashland Stakes?
#3 BONNY SOUTH
#5 TONALIST’S SHAPE
9. HEAD TO HEAD: Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Coolmore Jenny Wiley Stakes?
#2 JULIET FOXTROT
10. According to the final Equibase charts of the race, how many wagering favorites will win on Saturday at Keeneland?
No favorites will win
1 or 2 favorites
3 or 4 favorites
5 or more
11. What will be the number of races on Saturday at Keeneland when the winning margin is a neck or shorter (according to the final Equibase charts of each race)?
Over 2 ½ races
Under 2 ½ races
12. What is the sum of the finishing positions of the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes starters who were most recently sold in auctions at Keeneland (#6 Hard Lighting, #7 Swiss Skydiver, #8 Basin, #9 Attachment Rate, #11 Hunt The Front)?
TIEBREAKER: What will be the $0.50 trifecta payout in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes?