The seventh week of the TIF BetMakers Summer Prop Contest features a dozen props from Runhappy Travers Day at Saratoga. Pat Cummings, Executive Director of the Thoroughbred Idea Foundation, has set the props.
Note that this week’s contest will close at 11:30 A.M. due to the earlier post time at Saratoga.
1. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Travers?
#4 DYNAMIC ONE
2. Which horse will win the Travers?
#2 ESSENTIAL QUALITY
Any other horse
3. Which race will have the longest margin of victory, according to the final Equibase chart of the race?
The Ballerina (Race 7)
The H. Allen Jerkens (Race 9)
The Personal Ensign (Race 10)
4. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the H. Allen Jerkens?
#1 DRAIN THE CLOCK
#4 FOLLOWING SEA
5. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Forego?
#1 MISCHEVIOUS ALEX
#8 FIRENZE FIRE
6. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Personal Ensign?
#2 AS TIME GOES BY
#8 HARVEY’S LIL GOIL
7. Which horse will have the better finishing position in the Sword Dancer?
#7 CROSS BORDER
8. Which maiden special weight race will have the highest win return?
9. Which number will be larger?
The number of wins recorded by Chad Brown trainees at Saratoga on Saturday MINUS 0.5
The number of home runs hit in the Yankees/Athletics game on Saturday in Oakland
10. How many wins will be recorded at Saratoga on Saturday from horses who were bred outside of North America?
Over 1.5 wins
Under 1.5 wins
11. Which daily double will have the higher return?
Ballerina & Forego (Races 7/8)
Jerkens & Personal Ensign (Races 9/10)
Sword Dancer & Travers (Races 11/12)
12. Which jockey will have more points accumulated across the seven graded stakes races at Saratoga on Saturday (1st = 5, 2nd = 3, 3rd = 1)?
Irad Ortiz, Jr.
TIEBREAKER: What will be the trifecta payout in the Forego (Race 8)?